Systems Analyst 3
|Applications Invited from Countries:||
Requisition Details for: 60679
Requisition ID : 60679
Requisition Name : System Engineer - Level 3
Customer : CT DCF - DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
Quantity Requested: 1
Estimated Duration : 07/17/2023 - 07/12/2024.
Max Bill Rate : USD 80.00 Per Hour
Expenses Allowed : No
Position Location : Hybrid
505 Hudson St Hartford, Connecticut 06106
STATE OF CONNECTICUT
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES/BITS
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
STATEMENT OF WORK FOR CCWIS PROGRAM
System Engineer 3
(x) New Task () Renewal ( ) Fixed Price (X) On Site Support ( ) Remote Support
1. REQUIRED AGENCY:
Department of Children and Families
DAS/Bureau of Information Technology Services
505 Hudson Street
Hartford, CT 06106
2. PROJECT/SYSTEM/PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Department of Children and Families depends on the core, mission-critical applications, LINK and IV-E, Connecticut’s Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). Implemented in 1996, available on every desktop, and used by over 2,000 social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process functionality requirements driven by good child welfare case practice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, LINK continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is currently committed to developing the next generation Comprehensive Child Welfare information system (CCWIS) and has invested significant resources to ensure that Connecticut has efficient, economic and effective tools to aid our Child Welfare Staff, Providers and the children and families of CT.
Concurrently, the agency implemented a multi-faceted, agency-wide outcome measure improvement plan that specifically addresses each of the twenty-two (22) outcomes targeted for improvement driven by the original Consent Decree. A number of initiatives that comprise this improvement plan require the support of information technology.
DAS/BITS provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastructure to DCF and its roughly 3,300 employees. DAS/BITS strives to provide and continually improve technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest effectiveness and quality.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs to engage the service of a System Engineer 3 consultant position. The candidate will participate in the deployment and maintenance of DCF business systems. The primary focus of this candidate will be core infrastructure design, installation and support.
POSITION ROLE AND DELIVERABLES
The consultant will serve in the capacity of a systems engineer and project manager. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for deployment, support and ongoing maintenance and management of a VMware Virtual infrastructure. Provide implementation, maintenance and support for Windows Servers and Clusters, Veeam, HP Blades and Storage as well as other Applications and Systems.
The candidate will be expected to work with management, business users, systems developers, and operations to clarify project scope; work independently, review documented forms, processes, and data models; develop prototype systems and processes; implement agreed upon systems; support and maintain existing solutions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of five (5) years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
1. Understands VMware and Virtual Environments.
2. Understands Network and Data management methodologies.
3. Expertise working closely with application developers and business users to provide reliable systems.
4. Expertise with the implementation and support of virtual systems and storage area networks.
5. Support production, staging and development environments to meet agency needs, including Patching and Backups.
6. Knows how to optimize and Troubleshoot Windows operating systems supporting Dynamics, BizTalk and SharePoint servers and related network hardware and software.
7. Provide support to developers and/or testers to resolve technical problems with data and systems.
8. Experience in supporting SQL Server and .NET applications.
9. Knowledge of information security best practices and implementation.
10. Assist with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
11. Assist with IT security.
12. Develop and provide administrative oversight for agency SharePoint environment.
13. Knowledge of Tracing, Monitoring, and Auditing systems.
14. Understands Information Technology Operations Administration, ITIL and Microsoft Operations Framework.
15. Develop and Implement agency ITIL processes and systems. It’s highly desirable that the candidate also have:
1. Experience with managing multiple infrastructure projects.
2. Experience with SCCM, Veeam, Solarwinds and SAN environments
3. Experience with operational support for Dynamics, BizTalk and SharePoint.
4. Experience Active Directory and Windows Server skills
5. Experience with network services such as DNS, DHCP, and Windows Clustering
6. Experience working in highly virtualized environment built on VMware solutions
4. ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time 40hrs - Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
STATE RESOURCES AND OVERSIGHT: DAS/BITS IS Management
SECURITY/PRIVACY CONSIDERATIONS: Comply with Vendor Qualification, DCF Child Protection Background Check, FBI Fingerprint Background Check and DCF Non-disclosure Agreement
Monday Yes Tuesday Yes Wednesday Yes Thursday Yes Friday Yes Saturday No Sunday No