Public Health Administrator
|Applications Invited from Countries:||
· Responsible for patient flow and efficiency metrics and proactively supports thru-put metrics and assures the delivery of quality department/clinical services in accordance with established hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards on the off shift.
· Knowledgeable about all units and to the type of patient that each unit can accept, the type of equipment and medications that can be used or given on each unit.
· Works independently and is able to critically think to deal with a multitude of scenarios.
· Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and collaborates with all departments. Uses a team approaches in all interactions and up holds and exemplifies the hospital behavioral standards.
· Maintains knowledge related to the operations of hospital, nursing department and strategic plan
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Responsible for patient throughput for all clinical areas in the hospital with focus on Emergency Department, PACU and Cardiac Cath Lab and achieve hospitals strategic goals.
2. Responsible for the oversight of patient care for all admitting patients waiting for a bed this includes:
a. Verifying correct admission order in Teletracking/tracking and trending of gaps
b. Face to Face rounding on all admitted patients waiting for a bed
c. Ensuring staffing coverage for hold patients in an outpatient bed.
d. Oversight of the care team assigned to the holds (rounding on them, ensuring break coverage etc.)
3. Teletracking super user
4. Responsible for occupied timer metric and current hospital goal.
5. Daily morning review of all beds that are blocked to ensure appropriateness and cohort patients when appropriate.
6. Supervises all services (patient related and others) to provide safe, efficient quality care and collaborates with NM/ANM to identify and resolve clinical practice and personal issues occurring on off shifts.
7. Assists the staff to better understand the rationale behind Hospital/Nursing policies and procedures
8. Provides clinical/technical support to staff.
9. Assures appropriate staffing levels on assigned shift and subsequent shift in collaboration with Nurse Manager/Director of Nursing and schedules staff based on budgeted staffing plan and department needs.
10. Assures compliance with state regulations and accreditation standards.
11. Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to remain relevant in practice.
12. Participates in shared governance councils/taskforces as required to support the Magnet Culture.
13. Adheres to safety standards for employees and patients.
14. Submits all other work reports as required/requested by the Nurse Manager/Division Administrator.
15. Collaborates with admitting to place patients appropriately by reviewing the teletracking bed request to ensure all pertinent information is listed to achieve placing the right patient in the right bed the first time.
16. Maintains prompt, ongoing and effective communication with charge nurses/managers regarding unit admission, transfers or discharge issues.
17. Routinely does walking Collaborates with NM/ANM to identify and resolve clinical practice and personal issues occurring on off shifts rounds throughout the hospital to identify available beds and collaborates with team to improve thru put.
18. Promotes fiscal responsibility by reviewing all requests for constant observation and supervision at the time of initiation and