Public Health Administrator
|Applications Invited from Countries:||
· Provide psychiatric and mental health care services to TRC students, who may possess a wide variety of physical, mental and emotional disabilities.
· Be available for consultation regarding psychiatric and mental healthcare matters by phone 24 hours per day, seven days per week and shall respond to a page or phone call by TRC staff within 30 minutes of receipt.
· Be on-call to see students for virtual appointments PRN (compensated by a $400 monthly stipend)
o If TRC staff calls and the Psychiatrist is unable to immediately assist, the student will be kept within line of sight, complete a self-harm contract, etc. up to 2 hours until the student can be seen virtually. This can only be done if there is no immediate safety risk. The Psychiatrist is expected to see students for virtual appointments within 2 hours of notification.
o The Psychiatrist will assess students as needed and release them of self-harm watch or require them to leave campus.
o The Psychiatrist may be needed to aid in communication with the student’s family and community medical/mental health providers.
· Write orders for psychiatric discharges or psychiatric leaves as needed.
· Work with an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team to communicate, plan, coordinate, and deliver needed individualized services to students in a manner that adheres to current standards of psychiatric practice and conveys respect and professionalism.
· Consult and communicate with TRC staff, private physicians, other psychiatrists, psychologists, specialty physicians, and/or parents/conservators to advise regarding a client’s psychiatric/social needs. In addition, report any clinical issue or problem to the Assistant Superintendent and/or their designee.
· Advise TRC nursing and other staff regarding skills and techniques of caring for clients with various psychiatric manifestations, such as suicidal ideation, since clients with such may require that they be isolated in the infirmary.
· Provide ongoing verbal case consultation to TRC and field staff regarding individual clients, including recommending services requisite to improving a client’s chances for successful employment.
· Review, as necessary, current policies described in the TRC Policy Manual and psychiatric protocols regarding nursing and psychiatric care of clients as described in the First Aid Center protocols, to ensure that these policies and protocols are consistent with current standards of psychiatric practice.
· When implementing new psychiatric procedures and protocols, and at the request of the State, conduct training activities with nursing and/or other center staff.
· Personally read and respond to all emails, as appropriate, that are received on state computer system.
· Maintain a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice psychiatry in Tennessee and provide the state a copy of each license renewal within 5 days of receipt.
· Arrive promptly as scheduled to conduct clinic duties and to attend meetings.
· Be appropriately attired in a manner that contributes to projecting an image of quality and professionalism and shall wear an authorized identification nametag.
· The Psychiatrist will work on TRC’s campus 1 day per week (7.5 hours). The scheduled day on campus is flexible but must a day during the week (Mon - Fri) that is coordinated with the Psychology team. The purpose of this time will be to:
o Meet with TRC’s 2 Psychological Examiners to stay current on student issues to equip the Psychiatrist to manage after hours issues.
o Communicate with community medical/mental health providers and/or external supports with (or on the behalf of) students as needed. The Psychiatrist will not make medication changes but may discuss potential medication changes or treatment adjustments with external supports and/or community medical/mental health providers.
Position status will be reviewed at the end of the fiscal year (6/30/24)