Public Health Administrator
|Applications Invited from Countries:||
6:30PM-6:30AM 12 Shifts/Month Alternating Weekends & Holidays
Salary Range: Contractual
Position Summary As part of the critical care team, the CTICU Night Intensivist will collaborate closely with our Multidisciplinary Cardiac Services team in the delivery of peri-operative care to the Cardiac Services patient.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
2. Coordinates the care (evaluation, treatment, admission, and discharge) of patients who are admitted to the department of Cardiac Services.
3. Thoroughly, and with adequate frequency, communicates with patient, appropriate family members, surgeon, specialty consulting physicians, and hospital staff regarding the status of the admitted patient.
4. Provides education for staff and patients / family with whom the Intensivist interacts.
5. Oversees activities of Advanced Practice Providers (NPs & PAs) in the ICU.
6. Institutes immediate and appropriate intervention in life or disability-threatening emergencies.
7. Documents evaluation of and treatment given to all patients. Provides each patient with discharge instructions, both oral and written. Gives referring physician verbal and written report upon discharge of patient.
8. Works assigned shifts and when on-shift does not leave the Hospital Campus.
9. Attends all relevant professional meetings scheduled for the Department.
10. Participates in chart review and organized activities to reduce length of stay and improve quality outcomes.
11. Participates in institutional initiatives such as disaster planning and response, environment of care /safety, risk management, etc. 12. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. Medical Degree (MD or DO) with Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine or other relevant specialty
2. Valid NYS Medical License.
3. Valid ACLS Certification.
4. Compliance with CME Requirements (Hospital, Regional, State, and Federal)
5. Board Certified
6. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Cardiothoracic Surgery ICU.