Position Title: RF Performance Engineer
Reports to: Practice Lead, Wireless
The RF Performance Engineer will be responsible for engineering support for wireless DAS system deployments, including system testing, commissioning, troubleshooting and optimization. In addition, the RF Performance Engineer will support system maintenance, SW upgrades, and the development of solutions to resolve issues including bid developments, technology solution assessments and technical documentation. This is a hands-on position that requires daily work at customer sites.
• Turn up, commission, and troubleshoot wireless DAS systems
• Document results, develop after action reports and recommendations
• Test systems at a system level with Scanner and UE equipment
• Test systems at a component level including:
o Fiber Testing / Troubleshooting / OTDR testing and analysis
o Cable Testing – via Sweeps or PIM Tests
• Interface with carrier equipment – including running scripts and verifying turn up status
• Public Safety Testing – Grid Testing, P25, Uplink, BDA Gain, Noise etc.
• Train and mentor others on wireless technologies and troubleshooting
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Preferably Electrical) or equivalent working experience.
• 2-5 years of In-building DAS commissioning experience
• Experience working on multiple DAS OEM’s solutions including DAS OEM Commissioning Certification
• Thorough knowledge of Anritsu Site Master and/or Spectrum Analyzer and how to use it for troubleshooting live systems
• Cellular and public safety data collection and coverage testing knowledgebase
• Knowledgeable in DAS design requirements
• Proven ability to document results and communicate solutions and progress through written reporting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel and work at the customer site when required
• DAS System training/certification for: Commscope, SpiderCloud, Ericsson DOT, Corning, JMA (TEKO) and/or SOLID Technologies.
• Public Safety / P25 turn up and troubleshooting experience.
• 2 or more years hands on commissioning and/or troubleshooting experience with one or more of the DAS solutions listed above
• Training/certification for wireless technologies including: 5G and LTE Technologies.
• Experience with Carrier Base Station or Small Cell Deployments.