This position supports the testing and deployment of wireless infrastructure for major carriers across the nation. We are looking for an experienced engineer to lead commissioning, troubleshooting and collection of test data for Public Safety, 4G and 5G wireless networks. Responsibilities will include Cable Sweeps, PIM Tests, Post Processing and Report Generation, System Commissioning and Troubleshooting.
- Site Surveys for Design, Pre-Bid Support etc.
- CW Testing, Link Budget Analysis etc.
- Test and commission wireless systems in accordance with equipment and material manufacturers’ specifications and procedures.
- Proven ability to perform coax sweep tests and PIM test
- Familiar with Anritsu and Kaelus
- Works independently on routine research and reporting functions.
- Help train new team members.
High Level Requirements:
- Distributed Antenna systems (DAS) and other wireless systems and solutions.
- Radio Technologies including Antenna and Repeater concepts,
- Wireless Knowledge – Technology Standards – LTE, 5G, Public Safety
- 2 years of Data Collection Experience with PCTEL or similar
- DAS OEM Certification
- Anritsu / Kaelus Certification or equivalent through sustained hands on work
- Ability to use basic office applications, including Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD Lite, Outlook/Email.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work at the customer site.
- Valid Driver License, Valid work authorization, clean record, must pass drug test, must be physically able to travel for extended periods
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and walk for extended periods of time carrying testing equipment