The ideal candidate will be responsible for the installation of DAS, Small Cell, BTS deployments. This is a hands-on position that requires strong communication, documentation and customer interface skills. Additional duties will include installing connectors, splicing fiber, and testing and troubleshooting of new and existing systems including equipment and cabling.
Requirements: Minimum of 3 years’ experience with DAS and/or Small Cell installations
The DAS Technician will support DAS, small cell and BTS deployments at client sites. Installations may include working in attics, crawl spaces and office environments. Travel (up to 25%) as needed for remote projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Installing DAS, Small Cell and BTS deployments, swap outs and retrofits
- Developing reports, managing customer expectations and creating brand loyalty.
- Troubleshooting existing system for Maintenance/Dispatch.
- Sharing Knowledge with other team members in Construction / Installation best practices.
- Reporting on job safety and being a safety champion include JHA’s, Incident Reports and Safety Plan Preparation
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including after hours and weekends. • Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in terminating ½” coax with JMA Compression Connectors
- Inventory Management
- Ability to translate design drawings into actionable daily requirements.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Hands-On Installation / Construction Experience Required
- Anritsu Line Sweep Experience / Certification – Must be able to independently perform testing for cable including VSWR, Distance to Fault etc. Must be able to review tests for accuracy, etc.
- PIM – Passive InterModulation Testing and Troubleshooting with Kaelus or similar.
- Fiber – Corning Certification preferred –install, splice and test fiber optic cable including OTDR review from EXFO, Fluke, VIAVI or similar.
- Coax Cable Connections –coax cable connectorization. Experience with JMA Compression Connectors preferred.
- Electrical Knowledge – Must have basic knowledge of electrical code and Low Voltage and High Voltage power designs including breakers, power meters, etc. to manage subcontractors.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background screening (no misdemeanor or felony convictions).
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and a minimum of 1 years driving experience.
- Ability to use MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) for reporting.
- OSHA10 Certification Required, OSHA30 strongly preferred.
- Must be comfortable walking, crawling, bending and kneeling.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs and handle a step/extension ladder.