Candidate MUST have:
• Must be located in the Iowa/Nebraska Market and covering the surrounding area
• Must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time
• Would strongly benefit from having previous Enterprise experience
• Must have Client installation and equipment knowledge
• 5G Equipment Install project
* Must comply with attached travel policy
The primary responsibilities for this position is the understanding of Site Construction (site walks, installation, & acceptance), Commissioning and Integration and the ability to troubleshooting hardware/software systems.
• Ability to follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
• Ensures all local build standards and regulations are followed during Site Construction
• Perform Supplier Manager activities – crew capacity, rollout schedules, verify skills, payments (PO), Tools (NDPd, NDPc, RVS), H&S and Quality management.
• Daily interlock with Supplier (meetings, status, etc.)
• Validate Technical Site Surveys, Scoping packages and Bill of Materials deliverables.
• Coordinate Equipment repair and return
• Verification of Site quality throughout the implementation and acceptance processes.
• Acceptance or rejections of site acceptance documentation within tool landscape.
• Validation and approval of change request (scope changes, etc.)
• Installation, commissioning, operations, integration and maintenance of cabinets.
• Create and maintain project databases as needed.
• Provide comprehensive and accurate reporting of all project activities.
• Ensure all closeout data has been compiled, reviewed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Installs, maintains and repairs radio access nodes, core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks.
• Interacts with other technicians and customer’s technical staff.
• Trouble shoots RBS issues, board issues (CBU/DUL, OBIF, RAX and TX).
• UMTS, LTE & GSM installation, integration & troubleshooting.
• Microwave installation, commissioning and alignment.
• Understands and implements RAN, RF and Transmission designs.
• Basic knowledge of Antennae & RF configuration at cell sites.
• Grounding and various types of electrical voltages and safe connection methods.
• Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of equipment
• Knowledge of fiber tags, wax string, CX, RBS, WCDMA.
• Health &Safety standards implemented and followed
• Ability to safely use hand and small power tools.
• Capacity to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
• A willingness to travel and/or work outdoors in all weather conditions when required.
The above are the key responsibilities for this position, but does not restrict additional tasks from being assigned.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Two or more years of experience in a network rollout discipline
• Two or more years of experience in wireless industry
• First Aid Training/CPR preferred
• OSHA 10 Certification preferred
• IC&I & Troubleshooting experience in UMTS, LTE, WCDMA, CDMA, & GSM. Certifications a plus!
• Electrical training with some telecommunications experience.
• Moderate to Expert knowledge utilizing Microsoft Tools Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of microwave and fiber transmission concepts.
• Flexibility in working hours and travel. Ability to travel overnight.
• A demonstrated understanding of multiple client network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure.
• Experience integrating and troubleshoot cabinets and rack mounted equipment.