The ideal candidate will be responsible for the PIM Testing of DAS, Small Cell, BTS deployments. This is a hands-on position that requires strong communication, documentation and customer interface skills.
Requirements: Minimum of 3 years’ experience with PIM Testing.
The PIM Technician will support PIM Testing DAS, small cell and BTS deployments at client sites. Installations may include working in attics, crawl spaces and office environments. Travel (up to 25%) as needed for remote projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- PIM Testing of DAS, Small Cell and BTS deployments, swap outs and retrofits
- Developing reports, managing customer expectations and creating brand loyalty.
- PIM Tests – Review and Analyze Results
- Troubleshooting failed PIM Tests
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including after hours and weekends. • Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in terminating ½” coax with JMA Compression Connectors
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Kealus or other PIM certification
- PIM – Passive InterModulation Testing and Troubleshooting with Kaelus or similar. – Must be able to independently perform test setups, tests ad review for accuracy.
- Anritsu Line Sweep Experience / Certification – Must be able to independently perform testing for cable including VSWR, Distance to Fault etc. Must be able to review tests for accuracy, etc
- Coax Cable Connections –coax cable connectorization. Experience with JMA Compression Connectors preferred.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background screening (no misdemeanor or felony convictions).
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and a minimum of 1 years driving experience.
- Ability to use MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) for reporting.
- OSHA10 Certification Required, OSHA30 strongly preferred.
Must be comfortable walking, crawling, bending and kneeling. • Ability to lift at least 50lbs and handle a step/extension ladder.