- At least 3-5 years current experience in a telecommunications role with direct experience with RAN, 4G LTE cell site troubleshooting and testing experience.
- Familiar with testing protocols to include transport, RF, and full base-station turn-up, commissioning, and validation testing
- Experience troubleshooting antenna systems from transmitter to antenna using tools like a spectrum analyzer.
- Performing optimization, troubleshooting, and maintenance of base station equipment, radio transmitters, and Fiber network gear and test equipment Testing the fiber network and integrating network hardware to bring new products on-air and improve customer experience
- Evaluating network coverage to find gaps, making recommendations to improve coverage, and helping to implement those recommendations
- Expertise in PIM/VSWR/MIMO/RET including knowledge of fibre and LTE remote radio heads Experience with Lucent, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, or Ericsson, base station equipment with LTE or CDMA technology.
- Telecom experience such as T1, DACS, or OMP Experience with dark and lit fibre testing using equipment such as OTDR, fiberscope Electronics training in telecommunications, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio Computer support experience, including troubleshooting PC hardware and configurations
- Experience with DC power distribution systems such as Galaxy, Alpha or Lorain.
- Training in data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting, and project management preferred
- Travel required – Up to 75% Ability to read technical drawings such as as-builts, construction drawings, and MOP’s
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on ladders, lift over 70 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 335 lbs Bending, lifting, climbing a ladder and working on a roof or in tight places may be required