Bill rate : $72/hr - $ 74 Max
Must be GC/USC as there COULD be a conversion to FTE.
The Sr. IT Business Analyst - Healthcare is responsible for solving cross-functional organizational problems through identification and presentation of business and technical specifications based on customer and business needs, industry best practices and available technology. The ideal candidate for this role has a blend of business and technical skills, with significant healthcare experience, preferably focused in State (Medicaid/Medi-Cal) programs operational functions The Sr. IT Business Analyst will work across the organization to define the functional, usability, reliability, performance and support requirements of system solutions, providing a link between the business and technical views of the system to ensure the solutions being developed will satisfy the needs of the business
• Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
• Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
• Delivers the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements; Business Requirements Document; Use Cases; Test Plans, Scenarios, and Cases; Customer Acceptance Plans
• Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Works independently with users to define concepts under the direction of project managers
• Drives and challenges business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
• Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
• Uses analytical and data skills to produce reports to support the Business in making data driven business decisions. Reviews data to ensure validity
• Provides analytical support for initiatives, including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, business area process improvement projects, and product installations.
• Provides analysis of efficiencies related to system enhancements/automation.
• Executes system testing
• Facilitates and support user acceptance testing
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Information Systems, Healthcare Administration, Business or other technical/analytical field
Experience: 5 plus years of experience in analytical and data processing experience with experience on medium to large-scale business analysis
Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal direction and oversight.
Strong business analysis, mathematical, statistical, and data analysis skills
Experience with BI technologies – general use, extending system capabilities, data import/export methods, Milliman MedInsight preferred.
Experience with healthcare claims and enrollment systems both from a user and configuration perspective –IkaSystems, a plus.
Ability to drive positive results in difficult circumstances with ability to cope with rapid change.
Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
Skilled in the use of relational databases and familiar with database extract and analyzing tools for utilizing multiple large data sets
Knowledge and experience of SDLC, traditional waterfall, Agile
Demonstrated experience of MediCal/Medicaid (State plans), strongly desired
Possess a very high level of subject matter expertise in a functional area, which may require expertise in benefits, claims adjudication, provider or employer
contract administration, member and provider demographic management, QI
(HEDIS reporting), UM/CM.
Possess an understanding of health industry data elements, and understanding of how elements are used within departmental processes.
Strong understanding of COHS regulatory requirements essential to supported
Strong analytical and problem solving skills required, including a thorough
understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.