MUST HAVES - PMO with healthcare “OR “Data Warehouse Experience and Claims experience
Remote, must work PST hours, prefer So Cal but not required
The Senior Project Manager, Business-Technology is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of enterprise projects consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals. The individual in this role will work independently with business partners across the organization to identify and implement complex medium to large projects, as defined by company objectives, including, but not limited to business process improvements, new system selections and implementations, and regulatory initiatives. The Senior Project Manager must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects under minimal direction, applying practical project management methodologies, skills, tools and techniques to ensure on-schedule, on-budget, on-scope project delivery. The Senior Project Manager focuses on the customer/stakeholder by engaging early and frequently with all stakeholders regarding expectations, requirements, verification, business value, and change.
• Lead the planning and implementation of medium to large, complex project initiatives.
• Drive proper project chartering and setup. Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, critical success factors, and desired business-value based outcomes aligned with the company strategic plan.
• Maintain strategic alignment of projects by analyzing charters and reviewing with management decision makers.
• Define and drive ‘rightsized’ project management processes, especially supporting quality assurance and business value delivery
• Define project tasks and resource requirements.
• Plan and schedule project timelines.
• Develop and maintain full-scale project plans.
• Assemble and coordinate project staff.
• Estimate project costs and manage project budget, including related scope control.
• Manage project resource allocation including the forecasting of internal resource capacity by tracking progress of projects across the portfolio.
• Oversee and control any external project resources.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Provide direction and support to project team.
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
• Prepare and present stakeholder and executive management reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs. Identify appropriate levels and paths of escalations for issues s/he cannot directly resolve.
• Proactively and continually manage project issues and risks to mitigate negative impacts to project schedule, budget and/or scope.
• Conduct post-implementation project evaluations and assessment of results.
• Mentor and coach project administrators/managers/team members; provide an environment conducive to collaboration, continuous process/performance improvement.
• Track short term project metrics to drive improvement, e.g. schedule variance, customer satisfaction
• Review project’s medium-term benefits to support business case process improvement.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical-analytic field. Or any combination of academic education, professional training or progressive work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position..
- Eight plus years of progressive experience managing a range of important, midsize to large business-technology projects with above average levels of complexity and business criticality, across the entire SDLC
- Extensive experience with project management processes, techniques, and tools
- Experience facilitating change, including collaboration with senior-level stakeholders
- Experience with enterprise-wide demand and capacity forecasting, planning, and administration
- Experience estimating, developing, tracking, and forecasting budgets
Managed care healthcare and Medi-Cal experience, highly preferred
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery best practices; Three years hands-on experience using Agile/SCRUM
- Computer Skills: Advanced computer system applications to facilitate Senior Project Manager’s essential duties, including:
- Experience with portfolio, program, and project management applications; documentation and reporting tools
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and use of Windows operating systems
Certifications & Licenses:
- PMP or an equivalent project management certification preferred
Scrum/Agile/Lean/DevOps professional certifications preferred.
Demonstrated application of and proven success of project management methodology, management tools, analysis and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
Experience in coaching and mentoring project team members preferred.
Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization required.
Creative/resourceful problem-solving experience required.