Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE & 5G RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
• Responsible for Test execution in customer lab , Report creation and customer presentation.
• Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
• Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
• Perform detailed analysis of 4G& 5G Wireless Protocols
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
• Educate our customers on Samsung’s new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
• Lead junior engineers in lab on Test execution and system integration.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Validation expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
• Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 6-10 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8 to 12 years’ experience is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree is EE/CS is required
• Working experience on Virtualization, Kubernetes and O-RAN is preferred.
• Good understanding on 4G & 5G concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO,ENDC.
• Good understanding of Inter vendor configurations and IOT scenario
• Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is beneficial
• Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
• Strong knowledge in 4G& 5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
• Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
• Working experience in Lab testing and IOT testing is preferred
• Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades, MOP verification
• Experience with SW development is beneficial
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
• Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project
Necessary Skills and attributes:
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining one’s personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. Proven ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.