|Applications Invited from Countries:||
Requisition Details for: 59584
Requisition ID : 59584
Requisition Name : Epidemiologist
Customer : TN DOH
Quantity Requested : 1
Estimated Duration : 01/02/2023 - 01/02/2024
Position Location : Hybrid
710 James Robertson Parkway 4th Floor Andrew Johnson Tower Nashville, Tennessee 37243
The Healthcare-Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance (HAI/AR) Program within the Communicable and Environmental Diseases and Emergency Preparedness (CEDEP) division of the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) is accepting applications for an Epidemiologist 2 position. This position is currently funded from year to year through CDC cooperative agreements (grants). Some in-state and out of state travel is required.
This position will lead a new collaborative project created by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This CDC-created project is an HAI/AR Program Analytics & Evaluation Collaborative. In coordination with CDC, this position will be the primary liaison with CDC colleagues. This position will oversee and will evaluate the effectiveness of select HAI/AR prevention and response strategies. This position will be responsible for participating in regular meetings (e.g., monthly) and will take part in a minimum of 2 collaborative evaluation projects annually, which may include collecting and sharing standardized data. This position will be encouraged to conduct additional evaluations of a prevention or response activity within their jurisdiction and share the findings with other sites through presentation, publication, or some other means.
This position will also participate in the CDC-funding data linkage project. This project aims to address research questions through the linkage of reported HAI data with CMS beneficiaries, vital records, and other data sources. The program aims to use these analyses to direct resources and establish prevention initiatives to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with HAIs.
Job duties will include:
• Share results from the HAI/AR Program Analytics & Evaluation Collaborative analyses with external stakeholders
• Coordinating the TDH CMS Data Linkage project and collaborating with other HAI team members on various data linkage projects
• Supervision of a small team including epidemiologists, pharmacists, public health nurses, and administrative staff
• Participate in grant development, writing, administration, and monitoring to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
• Participate in HAI- and MDRO-related projects, including an Emerging Infections Program (EIP) point prevalence study of HAIs and antimicrobial use, onsite and remote validation of HAI data, and other special projects as needed.
• Lead HAI prevention collaboratives for healthcare facilities across the state
• Lead and participate in outbreak investigations as required