Requisition Details for: 59630
Requisition ID: 59630
Requisition Name : Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester
Customer: TN DIDD - Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Quantity Requested: 1
Estimated Duration: 06/30/2022 - 07/01/2023
Position Location : Hybrid
315 Deaderick St. Nashville, Tennessee 37243
Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for Software Testing and Analysis work of unusual difficulty. Performs multiple highly complex activities related to the verification and validation of software quality, and executes other related work duties as required. Individuals in this class are expected to perform in a leadership or supervisory role.
Distinguishing Features: An employee in this class leads or supervises a team of testing analysts in the testing and quality activities for one or more projects or business applications/programs. This class differs from the Testing Analyst-Adv in that incumbents of the latter are responsible for Software Testing and Analysis work of considerable difficulty. This class differs from the Quality Analyst in that incumbents of the latter perform multiple simultaneous review and assessment activities related to the verification and validation of project and product quality, and execute other related work duties as required.
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Develops or specifies quality assurance standards, measurements, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems:
- Develops testing guidelines that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Schedules and authorizes the implementation of new and revised testing approaches and commitments.
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others:
- Communicates effectively any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the test plan to clients, users and stakeholders for transparency and visibility into the testing process.
Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others:
- Coordinates with staff and management representatives from a number of technical and non-technical areas to establish development and testing priorities and strategies.
- Plans, arranges and facilitates meetings or workshops with stakeholders during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Reviews historical, existing and ongoing test results and defect reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Utilizes testing knowledge and experience to assess or recommend solutions.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
Scheduling Work and Activities
- Defines testing estimates in terms of complexity of product to provide visibility into the completion of test execution.
Training and Teaching Others:
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing, including training for testers and other developers where appropriate.
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events:
- Analyzes test data and results to detect potential patterns or issues related to software, hardware, and component quality.
- Scopes test effort to allocate resources, environment, and time to meet the commitments of quality for product solution.
- Decomposes requirements into test cases and test scripts.
- Identifies test cases for regression efforts.
- Reviews business requirements to create test plans, test scripts, and/or test cases.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work:
- Plans test schedules or strategies in accordance with project objectives, commitments and product solution methodology.
- Authors, with collaborative buy-in from stakeholders, a practical approach for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others:
- Provides feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Provides advice on the practicality of testing process alternatives.
- Participates in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Designs and documents test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures for use during testing and quality assurance activities.
- Creates, provides input and/or delivers the User Acceptance Test Plan to gain consensus from stakeholders on the acceptance testing approach.
Developing Objectives and Strategies:
- Adjusts testing approach and practices to best facilitate quality within agency defined product solutions framework.
- Identifies process and product improvements and participate in their implementation.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Serves as a liaison to external entities during the testing process.
- Reviews external documentation, assesses risk, usability, and accuracy, and provides feedback to the stakeholders.
- Compiles reports as requested for current test progress and defect metrics to indicate current state of product stability.
- Executes test scripts or test cases in accordance with the test plan to validate expected results.
Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People:
- Reviews design documentation to validate clarity, consistency, and usability.
- Reviews system, business, and report requirements for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews test plans and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews user manuals and training documentation to verify accurate reflection of system functionality.
- Evaluates defects and categorizes according to the defect management plan and process.
Coaching and Developing Others:
- Encourages team ownership of quality to increase overall product solution effectiveness.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings:
- Identifies testing program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Monitors and reports on defect resolution efforts and tracks status or progress.
Interacting With Computers:
- Tests system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Uses test case management tool to enter or update test cases and report progress.
- Uses defect management tool to enter or update defects and report progress.