|Applications Invited from Countries:||
Requisition Details for: 59632
Requisition ID: 59632
Requisition Name: ASP .Net Programmer/Developer
Customer: TN DOT - Tennessee Department of Transportation
Quantity Requested: 1
Estimated Duration: 01/23/2023 - 07/31/2023
Position Location : Remote
505 Deaderick Street Suite 500 Nashville, Tennessee 37243
We are looking to grow our team by adding an experienced and motivated senior-level developer who is excited to design and develop web-based applications in a collaborative, remote environment.
Minimum Job Requirements
The TDOT Information Technology Department operates in an agile environment that seeks to change the face of state government by challenging the way software is delivered within government. We develop applications to support both our internal stakeholders and the people of Tennessee. The Product Development Team is made up of front-end and back-end developers of all skill levels, UI/UX designers, QA analysts, and scrum masters. Our team works closely with other members of the IT Department -including product owners, software and database architects, and support analysts- to build and maintain applications.
The ideal Senior Programmer/Developer is passionate about building software applications, modeling the values and principles of Agile, and creating a culture of inclusion and personal and professional growth. They will act as a technical and cultural leader, which includes (but is not limited to) mentoring team members in software development, partnering with management to develop individual performance plans designed to grow technical skills, and working with TDOT IT to set strategic development and growth plans for the Product Development Team. They understand the importance of following organization-defined standards but finds energy in exploring and recommending new technologies, when appropriate. They are experienced in practicing in an agile environment and are comfortable working closely on a small team of people in a remote environment that encourages collaboration and conversation. They will value and respect diversity of thought appreciates the power of humor, and prizes honesty.
· Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and five years of professional level experience in systems analysis, application design, or software development of business information systems.
· Substitution of a Specific Associate's Degree for the Required Bachelor's Degree: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Information Technology related associate's degree may substitute for the required bachelor's degree.
· Substitution of Experience for the Specific Associate's Degree: Professional level experience in the following area may substitute for the required Information Technology associate's degree on a year-for-year basis to a maximum substitution of two years: systems analysis, application design, or software development of business information systems.
· Substitution of Graduate Coursework for the Required Experience: Any additional graduate coursework in software development may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis to a maximum substitution of one year.
Required Technical Skills
Experience with the following ideas or technologies is a must.
A broad understanding of the C# programming language of .NET
• Experience with .NET Core 3.1 or greater
• Experience with ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core
• Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps tool
• Experience with CI/CD
• Familiarity with the practice and principles of DevOps
• Experience with deploying applications to the Azure Cloud
• Experience with Azure monitoring
• A broad understanding of TypeScript
• Angular Material, Bootstrap or other CSS frameworks
• Experience using a version control system
• An understanding of building single-page applications
• Experience with unit testing
• Experience working with relational databases
• An understanding of common patterns such as dependency injection
• General comfort with value-driven software development and incremental release concepts
• Experience working in an Agile using Agile methods