|Applications Invited from Countries:||
Please submit college transcripts with application. This is a position under clinical testing and requires 16 hours Biology course, 16 hours Chemistry Courses, 3 hours Pre-science Math, and 12 hours of Specific Biology.
PCR testing experience preferred
Under immediate supervision, is responsible for routine laboratory work of moderate difficulty as it relates to microbiological and molecular testing; and performs other tasks as required. Duties may include first level troubleshooting, guidance to entry level staff and work of moderate difficulty.
· Performs analytical methods of moderate to high complexity as outlined by testing section.
· Prioritizes and organizes tasks to complete them in an assigned timeframe.
· Monitors test processes for adherence to quality control standards by comparing test results to known standards such as using positive and negative controls and acceptable appearance of diagnostic product.
· Monitors test equipment for proper functioning such as monitoring temperature, detecting malfunction alarms and recognizing incorrectly processed samples.
· Prepares various types of specimens for examination by various diagnostic techniques.
· Prepares and checks specimens, solutions, reagents and other materials necessary for conducting tests.
· Communicates status of assigned tasks or other relevant information to supervisors or peers by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
· Uses computers and laboratory information systems to process and access information, data, and control.
· Documents, enters, transcribes, records, stores, and maintains information in written and electronic form using notebooks, file copies, computer software, etc.
· Identify and initiate situations or circumstances with reagents and equipment for the purpose of troubleshooting.
· Reviews information from manuals, work instructions, flowcharts, and other reference sources to accurately analyze and report test results.
· Uses relevant or appropriate guidelines to determine whether test results are acceptable based on laboratory established policies and procedures.
· Monitors reagents and consumables to ensure an adequate supply for testing needs. Rotates stock to minimize waste and expiration.
· Performs preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment used in assigned area according to standard operating procedure.
· Following standard operating procedures, maintains situational awareness and proficiency with biological and chemical hazards.
Monday Yes Tuesday Yes Wednesday Yes Thursday Yes Friday Yes Saturday No Sunday No