Req # : TMOBJP00015069
Position : Data Analyst - IT/Data Analyst IV
Location : Downers Grove, IL (Will consider remote, but must be no more than 1 time zone away from Central time zone)
Client : T-Mobile
Duration : 12 months initially, extendable to 18 months
Bill Rate : $90 hourly
Skillset Matrix Manager Notes
Technology Requirements (I.E Programs, systems, etc): Azure Data Lake, Synapse, SQL, Power BI, SQL Server, DAX, m code
What does a typical day look like? (daily tasks): Maintain, create, optimize Power BI reporting plus manage supporting systems and tools
Preferred background/prior work experience?: Power BI Developer, 5-6 years
Priority soft skills: Communication and presentation skills highly preferred
The position will support the Regional Development Team to facilitate with reporting and analytics as per evolving business needs. Responsible for creating, managing and developing Power BI Dashboards, Reporting, Visualizations, gathering Business requirements and implementing new BI and analytics technology applications across all functional areas ensuring user adoption and satisfaction. The position requires in-depth analysis of network data and quantify it into business formatting for various stakeholders. Since the role will have the individual interacting with various key stakeholders, strong technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skill is required to work within various Engineering departments, along with National team and other cross functional teams within the company. The Regional Development Team is a critical part of the Network Engineering & Operations that specializes in the planning and deployment of network infrastructure in various markets and enjoys a unique status within the organization that informs network expansion.
Responsibilities : The individual will be implementing various visualization and reporting solutions predicated on the stakeholder requirements. Some of these include standard reporting and dashboards, KPI’s, ad-hoc solutions, and maintaining the existing Power BI reporting portfolio. The ever-growing number of region-wide network deployments means the data is also constantly growing and evolving. This means solutioning innovative methods to track data and keep it manageable in reporting systems. This position will also support evolving Data Engineering needs with experience in Azure Data Lake, Azure Web Synapse Analytics, Apache Spark/PySpark. Further, they will be interfacing with key groups within the organization to effectively build the tools needed for the job. Core Competency needed in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, and relationship building & influencing.
• Design, development, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance with Power BI
• Create and Maintain Pipelines in Azure Synapse environment, among other Azure Data Lake responsibilities.
• Capable of writing custom measures and calculated columns using DAX in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
• Capable of writing and debugging SQL to load data into Power BI
• Strong understanding of dimensional modeling principles, with a proven track record of implementing dimensional data structures
• Solid understanding of how to connect to data sources, import data, and transform data for Business Intelligence
• Creating Power BI Visuals including funnels, line charts, and bar charts using parameters and bookmarks
• Analyze existing business practices to identify gaps and opportunities through innovative visualization and reporting techniques
• Present complex data in an easy to understand manner for the business
• Adapt to a fast-paced environment with a high degree of focus on self-management and trust. Unique thinking, self-direction and high level of ownership is strongly encouraged
• Work with National and Regional teams to collaborate effectively and stay on top of new initiatives, issues, and validation processes in data management
• Provide excellent communication and regularly interface with Market teams on data related issues and questions.
• Modernize existing reporting portfolio with optimized querying with focus on performance
• Support Regional Development on new initiatives
• Well-versed in Data Analytics world and staying on top of new solutions within the Data Analytics industry
- Additional expenses will not be approved
- Will consider remote, but must be no more than 1 time zone away from Central time zone
- Extension possible