TDOT is need of a solid, consistent and creative Project Manager for staff augmentation. The selected individual should be someone who can work in an open and collaborative team environment. The initial assignment will be to manage, drive a schedule and provide oversight to the project to generate competitive solicitations for potential multi-year contracts (e.g., Requests for Proposals, Invitations to Bid, Requests for Information, etc.)
This is a hybrid remote/onsite work position. Employee must be geographically located sufficiently close to Nashville, TN, to allow employee to work in the Nashville office 1-2 days a week if required.
The successful candidate should be someone with advanced analytical skills, a collaborative professional who excels in dynamic, sometimes ambiguous, complex, enterprise-level activities by taking ownership, driving action, and ensuring results. Able to take direction and respond quickly to both planned and unplanned activities, ensuring delivery and kept promises to matrixed business partners. The Project Manager will work directly with colleagues at all levels of the agency, and will be adept at navigating political corporate structures and team dynamics; developing executive level communications; and producing actionable output from communicated direction and vision.
Most critically, this position requires flexibility, agility, a positive attitude, sound work ethic, ability and desire to learn, and consistent delivery of value throughout the project delivery process. Must be able to work independently on assignments while simultaneously engaging as a collaborative part of a larger departmental team.
Required Skills include:
• 5+ years experience in IT Project Management.
• Functional knowledge of traditional Project Management and Agile methodologies
• Advanced time management and analytical skills.
• Experience managing infrastructure, application development, mobile technology, software implementation projects.
• PMP and/or Agile certifications not required, but desired.
• Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, MS Project.
• Experience with ITIL preferred.
• Excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with experience scoping projects.
• Ability to interact with individuals at all levels and roles, including IT team members, business partners, and external vendors.
• Ability to work with a cross-functional team to successfully plan, design, manage, and implement a project.
• Ability to clearly and concisely provide project status updates to senior management.
• Setting project goals and coming up with plans to meet those goals
• Maintaining project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports
• Managing resources for projects, such as computer equipment and employees
• Coordinating project team members and developing schedules and individual responsibilities
• Implementing IT strategies to deliver projects that meet schedule and budget constraints
• Using project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence
• Conducting risk assessments for projects
• Organizing meetings to discuss project goals and progress