|Applications Invited from Countries:||
Job Description: RAN Virtualization OAM Senior Systems Engineer (TB6)
MAX BILL RATE $96/hr
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung’s Wireless Networks Business team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are looking for a Senior Systems engineer experienced in Virtualized RAN OAM functions to join our Networks team. You will be a key contributor as a Subject Matter Expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems Engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with cross-functional teams to conduct customer deep-dive sessions, new technology introduction on OpenStack / Kubernetes VM/Container based RAN product line.
• Responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, converting them to system requirements and work with R&D for the high level solution approach/design
• Responsible for technical management of new products and software releases to ensure that promised features are delivered with expected performance
• Provide technical support for the pre-sales process and create compelling technical and commercial solutions to help achieve business objectives
• Translate and communicate complex technical design considerations to Samsung sales team and customers
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project
• Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
• Minimum of 8-10 years of RAN FCAPS/OAM knowledge/experience with exposure to Virtualization
• Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CS is required. Advanced Degree is beneficial
• Must have experience with FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Performance, Security) management of RAN elements (CU/DU) in wireless networks
• Must have experience with virtualized solutions in Wireless Networks. Virtualized RAN Application Management / OAM design and development is highly beneficial.
• Must have experience in working with R&D teams, finalizing feature roadmaps and presenting in technical deep-dive sessions to customer
• Must have experience with High Availability (HA) systems
• Good to have an understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models, REST APIs, and VES (Virtual Event Streaming)
• Experience or understanding in managing OpenStack / Kubernetes environment is highly beneficial.
• Experience with designing/deploying Wireless RAN/Core applications in Public Cloud (ex: AWS) or AWS Outpost or VMWare or Redhat Openshift environment is highly beneficial.
• Experience in authoring the SW upgrade procedures and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for high severity issues in the commercial network is beneficial
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols is beneficial
• Experience in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs is beneficial
• Experience in SW development with Java and web based applications is beneficial
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.