• Perform system level log captures/analysis of several Network elements in the 4G/5G Network architecture to identify root causes of product and key performance issues.
• Document and maintain the troubleshooting steps including updating technical documentation for primary areas of responsibility
• Identify automation opportunities & implement scripts for log analysis, for discussions with external customers/internal customers
• Strong on customer support as well as data analysis of logs, etc.
• Must be able to drive for issue resolution with other Engineering teams
• Initial analysis of Network KPI degradation to quantify and qualify the issue
• Be able to proactively perform Ad-hoc/periodic parameter audit, issue signature audit and SW/FW audit
• Ensure the latest ticket status ticket status is provided to the customers
• Software and patch upgrades on network element to support feature testing and issue resolution verification
• Provide 24X7 support as needed for commercial Network outages and network performance issues. Also provide technical reviews and provide support to customers as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication or Network Engineering with at least 2 years of experience in Wireless Telecom environment.
• Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems
• Good Scripting skills using but not limited to Python, Shell or Perl
• Strong documentation skills, ability to communicate effectively, a major team player in a small but dynamic environment
• Strong knowledge of MS office tools like Excel, power point and Word.
• Good analytical skills to investigate and evaluate trending data for issue resolution
• Good knowledge of 4G and 5G wireless network architecture concepts, RAN protocols and eNB interfaces S1-MME, S1-U is a plus
• Good knowledge of trouble ticket and knowledge management systems
• Willing to work during night to accommodate debugging involving offshore R&D teams