Field Technician 1
|Applications Invited from Countries:||
• Develop proficiency in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, radio principles for CDMA and iDEN, and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and on-line network control/maintenance systems.
• Serve as a technical reference point for other functions.
• Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment.
• Perform Service Assurance work on all radio interface network elements. Interpret the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
• Provide Service Delivery work installing new cell site equipment from channel card elements up to complete new cell site installs.
• Develop proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
• Develop proficiency with inventory tools and procedures.
• Able to trouble shoot AC and DC power systems including tower light controllers.
• Meet expectations with regards to behavioral and administrative facets of the position.
• Basic Microwave principals
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Vocational Skills and procedural knowledge, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience totaling up to 2 years post-high school or equivalent.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
• Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
• Confirmation of travel requirement - 100% for Technicians but flexible to travel outside of market for weeks at a time if required (e.g. disaster recovery, new product roll-out, etc).
• Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (ie: shift work), to include maintenance window and weekends if needed. 24/7 On Call required.
• Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
• Basic computer skills.
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances on and off road. A CDL classification may be required for some vehicles.
• Will need to transport equipment, therefore, vehicle with appropriate carrying capacity will be needed.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases.
• Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, vaults, and all types of geographic locations.
• The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with field operations specific trouble ticket and network database systems.
• Previous experience working wireless networking system.
• Travel required.
PREREQUISITE REQUIRED TRAINING/CERTIFICATIONS: Supplier is responsible for ensuring that Personnel have the necessary qualifications and certifications required to perform the Work described herein prior to beginning Work, including OSHA10, RF Awareness, CPR/First Aid, and Ergonomics and any refresher training required to maintain such certifications. Supplier is responsible for tracking and will pay for forty (40) hours of training required for the Work per 12-month period including training fees, all training time, and any travel expenses and compensable travel time required to attend training. Ericsson will be responsible for time attending required weekly safety shorts and any additional training that is required for the Work and approved in advance by the Ericsson Resource Manager.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This is a 100% travel assignment. **Note that Supplier is responsible for compensable travel time and expenses related to ensuring Personnel is in the Base Market at the start of the assignment and for Personnel’s demobilization out of the Base Market at the end of the assignment. In addition, Supplier is responsible for paying Personnel for compensable travel time to the first work site as designated by Ericsson and from the last worksite back home or to the hotel. Travel time (as opposed to mileage reimbursement) shall not be charged to Ericsson and Ericsson shall not pay Supplier for any such time. Personnel may charge compensable travel time between worksites during a workday in Ericsson’s time and expense tool. Supplier is also responsible for paying Personnel for all administrative time, for example, time spent setting up a computer, communicating with Supplier, completing paperwork or training required by Supplier, entering time into Supplier’s timekeeping system, etc. No administrative time may be charged to Ericsson or entered in Agency Handler without approval by the Ericsson Resource Manager. Bill rates include, and Supplier is responsible for (i) all reasonable living expenses within the Base Market; (ii) a smart phone with WiFi tethering, (iii) a laptop computer appropriate to meet the requirements of the assignment, and (iv) any other tools reasonably requested by Ericsson in order to meet the requirements of the assignment, and (v) all reasonable and necessary business expenses (including, but not limited to WIFI and smart phone expenses) incurred by Personnel in the performance of Work. Supplier is required to have its own timekeeping system to accurately record all hours worked by Personnel. Supplier is responsible for ensuring Personnel accurately record all time worked (whether it is chargeable to Ericsson or not) in Supplier’s timekeeping system and properly paying Personnel for that time, including any compensable travel time, training time, administrative time, reporting time pay, etc., as applicable. Ericsson’s time and expense tool is not to be used as a timekeeping tool or payroll tool for Personnel. It should only be used to report time actually worked that is chargeable to Ericsson that Ericsson has agreed to pay under the terms of the Agreement. No other time should be entered.