|Applications Invited from Countries:||
Requisition Details for: 60130
Requisition ID: 60130
Requisition Name : Programmer/Developer
Customer : CT DCF
Quantity Requested: 1
Estimated Duration : 03/27/2023 - 03/24/2024
Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Max Rate: USD 88.00 Per Hour
Expenses Allowed : No
Position Location : Hybrid
505 Hudson Street Hartford , Connecticut 06106-0000
STATE OF CONNECTICUT
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
STATEMENT OF WORK FOR CCIWS PROGRAM
SENIOR ETL/REPORT WRITER
(X) New Task () Renewal ( ) Fixed Price (X) On Site Support (X) Remote Support
1. REQUIRED AGENCY:
Department of Children and Families
DCF IS Division
505 Hudson Street
Hartford, CT 06106
2. PROJECT/SYSTEM/PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Department of Children and Families depends on the core, mission-critical applications, LINK and IV-E, Connecticut’s Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). Implemented in 1996, available on every desktop, and used by over 2,000 social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process functionality requirements driven by good child welfare case practice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, LINK continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is currently committed to developing the next generation Comprehensive Child Welfare information system (CCWIS) and has invested significant resources to ensure that Connecticut has efficient, economic and effective tools to aid our Child Welfare Staff, Providers and the children and families of CT.
DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastructure to the agency and its roughly 3,300 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to improve continually improving technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest effectiveness and quality.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs the service of a senior level Lead Full Stack Developer. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a Lead Developer participating in various SDLC processes including requirements verification, design and development, testing, maintenance, and support activities per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be the to be part of the team which supports existing .NET applications as well as to participates in the SDLC process of the new SACWIS system and work with the System Integrator to ensure the transfer of knowledge and on-going maintenance of the solution for a given module. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for creating/maintaining SSRS reports and SSIS ETL packages ,supporting SOA integration initiatives and participating in the SDLC process which includes meetings with the SI, verification of deliverables such as requirements, design, testing, and environment configuration.
Specific Services Required:
In the role of the Lead Developer, the following services are required:
· Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed.
· Must be self-starter and driven. Must Drive the work from requirements to implementation.
· Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
In this role, the following services are required:
1. Develops general and detailed design specifications for moderate to complex systems.
2. Assist in the design and development of the database architecture including relational data structures, data marts, data dictionaries and logical and physical data models.
3. Develop strategies for data acquisitions, data quality and data discrepancy.
4. Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
5. Develop and maintain efficient, well documented custom SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers using Microsoft T-SQL in accordance with defined business rules and requirements to support application development.
6. Create and troubleshoot stored procedures and queries performances using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, DBCC Commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Execution plans. Recommend query and index improvements to increase performance.
7. Must have the ability to access data stored in a variety of database management systems such as DB2, SQL Server and other.
8. Design, develop and implement ETL/ ELT solutions for data ingestion, cleansing, business rules execution and Data Distribution.
9. Implementing Data Analytics best practices in designing data modeling, ETL Pipelines, Near time data solutions.
10. Coordinate with Business Analyst and users to validate requirements.
11. Implementing solutions to integrate external data with inhouse data.
12. Perform tests and validate data flows and prepare ETL processes according to business requirements.
13. Designing and implement a data conversion strategy from legacy to new platforms.
14. Perform design validation, reconciliation and error handling in data load processes.
15. Optimize SSIS Package execution and SQL execution to optimize data load performance.
16. Design SSIS packages using data exchange tasks such as File transfer and Secured File transfer. Ability to import and export files from FTP/SFTP.
17. Involvement in all stages like Requirements gathering, Data mapping, Data extraction, Data loading, Data testing, Troubleshooting, documentation, performance optimization and maintenance.
18. Development of different kind of reports using SSRS as per user requirement and deploying to report server/ integrated SharePoint report server.
19. Experience using dynamic grouping fields, dynamic group sorting, on-demand sub reports, drill down and summary reports, and creating cross tab reports highlighting key summary information.
20. Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Azure Dev Ops to manage changes to code
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Refer to the State contracts for IT Professional Services Agreement (22PSX0163) for experience and skill requirements for the job classification Solution Architect to fill the role. In addition, the agency requires:
A 10 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
1. Experience in the analysis and design of application solutions within appropriate standards.
2. Ability to write complex SQL queries
3. Expertise with TSQL, SSRS, SSIS required and Power-Bi, SSAS a plus
4. Experience with debug and improve query performance
5. Experience with deploying SSIS packages using git check-in, setting up environmental variables and creating respective jobs in SQL Agent.
6. Significant experience in real-time, multi-tiered data processing systems
7. Experience with Transact-SQL and stored procedures desired.
8. Experience with creating, deploying and maintaining of SSRS reports.
9. Experience with code control/version Team Foundation.
10. Experience with enterprise data integration technologies including Java, SQL, XSLT, Graphical, and XML
11. Strong problem solving, cross-functional analysis and forward-thinking abilities
12. Flexibility to adapt to changing situations, handle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience with SSIS connectors like KingswaySoft or Cozyroc is plus
2. Experience with DB2, Dynamics, Salesforce.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time 40hrs - Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
STATE RESOURCES AND OVERSIGHT: DCF IS Management
SECURITY/PRIVACY CONSIDERATIONS: Comply with Vendor Qualification, DCF Child Protection Background Check and DCF Non-disclosure Agreement
Monday Yes Tuesday Yes Wednesday Yes Thursday Yes Friday Yes Saturday No Sunday No