Contract role -6+ months - contract to hire (GC/USC only )
West Coast Preferred - CA, OR, WA, NV, AZ
MUST HAVES –
SQL Developer with Strong Azure Databricks, ADF and Dev/Ops.
Healthcare Industry (Not pharmacy)
Must have solid communication skills please
The Senior SQL/Cloud Developer will serve as lead and work with various business unit and IT resources to develop company reporting services, through the identification and presentation of business and technical specifications based on customer and business needs, industry best practices and available technology.
• Primary function: Uses analytical, data and SQL development skills to produce reports to support the Business in making data driven business decisions. Includes producing both ad-hoc and regularly scheduled reports. Reviews data to ensure validity.
Cloud - Azure experience highly desired, Dev-Ops and CI/CD experience also preferred.
• Provides analytical support for initiatives, including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, business area process improvement projects, and product installations.
• Leads system requirements definition, design, testing, training and implementation support. Applies use of tools to define requirements and documentation.
• Develops and/or reviews departmental business system requirements and business systems design documents, customer acceptance test plans, and post-implementation plans.
• Works directly with external customers in implementing new reporting capabilities, systems enhancements and technology.
• Provides analysis of efficiencies related to system enhancements/automation.
• Developing use cases and test cases.
• Executes system testing.
• Facilitates and support user acceptance testing.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Information Systems, Finance/Accounting, Business or other
technical/analytical field. Or any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
1 plus years of experience in hands-on with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS design.
5 plus years of experience in SQL development-developing and designing
applications and/or reports on SQL server 2014.
Cloud / Azure experience
DevOps and CI/CD experience
Health Care or other applicable industry experience.
Database security, including integrity, backup, recovery, access, and changes.
Maintain development and production environments.
Database monitoring and capacity planning.
Experience designing and developing applications on SQL Server 2014
Hands-on experience in writing T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures, User Defined
Functions, Jobs, Cursors, Views and Triggers, optimized for database efficiency.
Hands-on experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS design and development
Possess a very high level of subject matter expertise in a functional area, which may require expertise in benefits, claims adjudication, provider or employer contract administration, member and provider demographic management, QI (HEDIS reporting), UM/CM.
Proven experience with BI technologies – general use, extending system
capabilities, data import/export methods, Milliman MedInsight preferred.
Research, analytical, organization, and time/project management skills required.
Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal direction and oversight.
Possess an understanding of health industry data elements, and understanding of how elements are used within departmental processes.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to explain
system and technical topics to non-technical resources.
Strong business analysis, mathematical, statistical, and data analysis skills.
Or Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Participate in scrum meetings and coordinate with Business Analysts to understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional design
- Gather requirements from client business team and help Business Analyst to create a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Improvise the requirements if any better solutions possible.
- Suggest new requirements to the business team to help improvise the performance of the new solution.
- Provide time constraints for the tasks to be performed.
- Discuss problems faced during the development process and roadblocks.
- Bring in questions to the Business Analyst to better understand the end user’s needs.
- Create Demo’s to be presented to the Team and also the end user to give them a better understanding of the inner workings and get their suggestions on the changes required.
- Create Demo’s to show any problems in the technology being used for the Project and learn from ideas that other Developers bring forth to the table.
- Analyze and create business models, logical specifications and/or user requirements to develop solutions for the application environment
- Create a Functional Requirement Document (FRD) according to the requirement with the steps on how to implement.
- Based on the business requirement discuss the best possible approach with the Team to fulfill the requirement.
- Create Design Documents in formats depending on the Task at hand. The initial step requires a document that consists of the high-level overview.
- Generate Flow Design in Microsoft Visio that encompasses every step of the flow.
- Document code flow to track where exactly changes are to be made.
- Interact with the Business Analyst to understand any complications involved in the process.
- Create Database models and dependency diagrams for the project.
- Create a Technical specification document after the approach is finalized and the design is ready.
- Design, develop and implement software applications, create system procedures and ensure that the developed applications function normally
- Create a skeletal structure of the primary components of the Project and discuss with the Team if any changes are required.
- Create Business Logic Code pertaining to the Workflow processes as per requirements.
- Create Database Tables, Reference Data Tables, Stored Procedures and other Scripts to handle project data.
- Create views based of the final tables for the users to access and create AD groups granting access to specific user to access the tables and stored procedures.
- Create Data Models for the Business Logic to interact with Database Servers.
- Create Security Layers to handle.
- Create SSIS package to run the process and point directions to the development environments.
- Run checks with the Analysts to ensure all the business requirements are met during the development.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes
- Create users and/or user groups which includes the developers and supervisors to ensure the quality of the code and to verify if the best practices were put in place while developing the code.
- Build process on Development, Stage and Test Servers and also create Change Requests to the Deployment Engineer.
- Document clear instruction for the DBA to move the code to different environments.
- Push the code to the higher environment using the version control.
- Implement Peer-Programming to improve coding efficiency if possible.
- Conduct code review with the team to ensure all requirements are met and expectations are met before initial implementation.
- Create a document with step by step procedure on how to test the functionality of the code and process.
- Write source code, prepare test data, tests and debug programs; revise and refine programs to improve performance of the application software
- Implement test cases to cover all the possible scenarios for data validation.
- Perform a unit test and a regression test to check the functionality and to make sure the changes made is not affecting any existing functionalities.
- Run a build to check the code coverage and vulnerabilities.
- Create Test Cases, Test Methods and Unit Tests for Testing each of the modules separately and the whole process as a whole and document each of the tests.
- Create a test plan for the client to check if the delivered output meets their requirements.
- Perform user acceptance testing to check if everything is as expected from an end user’s perspective.
- Compare process outputs and Database Records to ensure data integrity.
- Move code to a higher Environment to continue testing.
- Update any changes made to the Documentation of the final product.
- Demo the final product to the team and ensure everything is built in accordance to the requirements and complete the final deployment to the Production Environment.
- Perform execution of functional test plan, validate test results, prepare documentation & data for analysis
- Modify the Business Logic code to cater to the changed requirement of the client.
- Modify SSIS packages to change data flow as per changed requirements and run tests to ensure correct outputs.
- Debug Code to find the root cause of any persisting issue in the Production Environment and change code to handle it.
- Perform data validations to ensure data mapping and integrity are met and modify code as per the output requirements discussed.
- Run the process and check performance constraints and factors affecting it.
- Demo the build to the Team and update the source code if any better ideas are suggested by the team.
- Refactor Code to improve performance and memory. Interact with the Manager to check for company development process compliance is met. Initiate a code freeze after approval by the business and manager before the initial phase deployment.
- Compare process outputs and Database records to ensure data integrity.
- Document the pre-implementation and post-implementation checks to be run for the initial deployment.
- Modify Design Documents and update SharePoint Documents to reflect the changes
- Modify Database tables to add/remove columns as per the updating terms.
- Create Technical Documentation of the product with instructions and details of the system.